SAP Business Objects Connector allows you to integrate reports from SAP's BI platform right into your Liferay 7.0/DXP portal.
Each portlet instance can be configured to display a different report; it's also possible to manage multiple BI servers.
Business Objects permissions are fully supported: each Liferay user must login with his/her Business Objects credendials only the first time that a particular BI server is accessed.
After installing "SAP Business Objects Connector", you need to enable "Trusted authentication" and generate a "shared secret" key.
Open your BI portal's "Central Management Console" (e.g. https://yourserver/BOE/CMC) and then:
- open "Authentication" section;
- double click "Enterprise";
- enable "Trusted authentication";
- if necessary generate a new "Shared secret key";
- download the "Shared secret key", open the file and copy the key's value.
Now open your Liferay portal and go to the "Control panel":
- open the "Configuration" section;
- select "Business Objects Servers";
- click on "+" to add a new server;
- insert the "Host" of your BI portal (it has to be accessible both by the portal and the user's browser);
- insert the BI portal's CMS port (e.g. "6400");
- paste the "shared secret key" value;
- insert the web port (e.g. "80" or "8080");
- choose the protocol ("http" or "https");
- choose the server type ("Java" or ".NET");
- save the configuration.
Now it's time to check the connection between Liferay and Business Objects:
- click the "options" button of the newly configured server;
- choose "Login" and insert your username and password for the Business Objects BI Portal;
- if login is successful, your credendials are saved in Liferay's database (only the username, not the password).
Finally we are ready to add some reports in out portal's pages:
- add "Business Objects Document Viewer" portlet to a page;
- click "Configure" from the portlet's "options" menu;
- choose the BI portal server from the select list;
- insert the "Document ID" of a report, or click "Select" button;
- navigate through the BI portal's folder, find your report and click "Choose";
- save the configuration and close the popup.
The report should now display in your page.
Phone: +39 0422 608043