Liferay can be integrated with the messaging app Rocket.Chat.
The integration is managed through API rest services that allow you to replicate Liferay users in Rocket.Chat, create chat channels and exchange messages between users directly from a site of the Liferay portal.
Rocket.Chat has a desktop and mobile app, but it can also be used via browser.
The information required for the configuration are:
- URL Rocket.Chat: connection URL with Rocket.Chat server
- Rocket.Chat activation / deactivation flag
- User ID Chat: service user ID required for the connection
- Rocket.Chat Token: Service Token needed for the connection
- Role Name: role required in order for a user to be replicated in Rocket.Chat
- Activation / deactivation flag of the Rocket.Chat page creation in web sites
- Sender name: name of the sender of the notification emails
- Email address of the sender of notifications
- Email addresses of the recipients of the notifications
You can test the configuration set for Rocket.Chat and perform the connection test